OrthoPro Guardian Sport Rehabilitator
Ideal for ACL, MCL, LCL ligament injury / surgery rehabilitation; Mild to Moderate Knee OA and TKA PREHABILITATON
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Increases quadriceps and hamstring strength
- Accelerates recovery
- Provides superior support, comfort and stability
- Reduces Pain and inflammation
- Increases leg extension
- Treat chronic knee pain and weakness
- IMPROVEMENTS RETAINED UNBRACED
ACL, MCL, LCL ligament injury / surgery rehabilitation that provides medial, lateral, and rotational support of the knee joint while accelerating recovery by up to 50%.
- Polycentric ROM hinges can be used to control knee flexion / extension as needed. Pneumatic air bladder system provides excellent support of the knee joint. Air bladder knee compression assists in controlling knee pain and inflammation. Swing assist eliminates quadriceps avoidance gait and strengthens that quadriceps muscles during gait to accelerate recovery. Post injury/ surgery recovery can be accelerated by as much as 50%
Mild to Moderate Knee OA
- The Sport Rehabilitator is the preferred unloader brace for the more active patients. With air bladders on each side of the knee joint, the patient MUST always inflate the unloading air bladder first and then inflate the second air bladder to provide optimal unloading and protection of the knee joint
- Provides gait correcting, leg strengthening rehabilitative therapy to prehabilitate a weakened OA leg prior to Total Knee Replacement (TKA) surgery. When applied several weeks prior to TKA, the weakened OA leg can be significantly strengthened and gait can be normalized prior to the surgery to accelerate recovery and improve overall patient outcomes. Post surgically, the brace is used to manage pain and inflammation and to eliminate quadriceps avoidance gait to accelerate recovery.
Gait correcting, leg strengthening, ambulating Rehabilitator therapy is clinically proven to accelerate recovery from knee injury / surgery or to strengthen a weakened leg. The pneumatic air bladders on both sides of the knee joint provide excellent medial, lateral, and rotational control of the knee. When inflated, the air bladders provide therapeutic compression at the knee to reduce or eliminate knee pain and to effectively manage knee joint inflammation. The active swing assist eliminates quadriceps avoidance gait, increasing quadriceps firing to significantly increase quad strength over time. The gait correcting, leg strengthening Sport Rehabilitator can accelerate recovery post injury / surgery by up to 50%.
The Sport Rehabilitator uses pneumatic control of the knee joint allowing the brace to be significantly lower profile than competitive ligament braces. The 11-inch-long Sport Rehabilitator has a semi-rigid frame and a rotating anterior thigh cuff. The lower profile design combined with the flexible frame and air bladder system provides superior comfort and brace migration control.
For Total Knee Replacement prehabilitation, the Sport Rehabilitator is provided 4 to 12 weeks prior to surgery to strengthen the weakened OA leg and normalize gait prior to the surgery. Case studies demonstrate superior leg strength after 6 weeks of Sport Rehabilitator use compared to 6 weeks of home exercise or physical therapy prior to TKA surgery. Optimal leg strengthening pre-surgery should include Rehabilitator use as well as home exercise or physical therapy. Post surgically, the Rehabilitator is used to manage knee pain, control inflammation, and eliminate quadriceps avoidance gait to strengthen the leg post surgically. The gait correcting, leg strengthening Rehabilitator accelerates recovery post TKA and significantly improves patient outcomes by enhancing leg strengthening and normalizing gait.